Who doesn’t love a flirty sundress? The Endless Summer Halter Dress and Top, by Forever 18 Inches, has so many pretty details: a faux-button front, a gently gathered skirt that can be used with border prints and scalloped eyelet, a high-low bodice, and the extra touch of a racer-style back with graceful ties. As an added bonus, a halter top with three different hem styles can also be made with this pattern. The PDF pattern instructions include easy-to-follow directions for making long ties, a way to make an easy, professional-looking hem for touchy curves, and options for a facing or fully lined bodice. To optimize fit, two sets of cutting lines have been provided to accommodate dolls that like candy, as well as those who prefer salads.
This pattern is designed to fit 18" dolls such as American Girl®. It is also available for 14.5" dolls such as WellieWishers™ as well as Gotz® and Kidz N Cats® dolls.
Recommended Fabrics: Light to medium-weight fabrics with a bit of drape and a tight weave
- Option 1: ½ yd. of light to medium-weight fabric
- Option 2: ¼ yd. of light to medium-weight fabric (primary fabric)
and ¼ yd. of lightweight lining fabric
- Option 3:
Rounded hem: 1/3 yd. of light to medium-weight fabric
Straight cropped hem: 1/3 yd. of light to medium-weight fabric
1. Matching thread
2. 2-3 medium-sized snaps depending on the chosen Option
3. Three to eight ¼” buttons, depending on the chosen Option
4. One pair of small, very sharp scissor to trim seam allowances.
5. Fray Check
6. Graph Paper to make the pattern for the Skirt and Ruffle (Options 1 and 2 only)
7. A small sturdy safety pin (approximately 3/8” x 7/8” or smaller) OR a bobby pin
7. Optional: One 5” length of narrow lightweight lace or trim cut into two equal pieces
8. Optional: a tube turner OR a tapestry needle and extra-strong thread instead of the safety
pin or bobby pin
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 45 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
The 1960's Make It Stop outfit, by Eden Ava Couture, is reminiscent of the 1960's beach...
This 1970′s inspired reversible halter top and scooter PDF pattern, by Eden Ava Couture, will keep...
Your 18 inch doll will stand out in the crowd with this trendsetting skirt pattern...
The Liberty Jane® Halter Top 18 inch Doll Clothes PDF pattern. Does your American Girl® Doll need...